Our Creative Elders Programme offers creative opportunities to older adults living locally to us.
We run weekly theatre making workshops in a number of sheltered housing units in Southwark where residents are encouraged to share stories and anecdotes, to move, laugh, play and connect.
We are looking for volunteers to support the programme by:
– Assisting our workshop leaders at weekly or fortnightly creative sessions
– Supporting older adults to attend Bubble events
Your role would be to get to know the group, join in with creative workshops, support people to take part help with refreshments and support our workshop leaders with ongoing evaluation.
Times & dates
Our groups meet on Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday afternoons and Wednesday & Friday mornings in Southwark, SE16 & SE15.
You can support one or more groups.
Commitments are flexible, you don’t need to be available every week but we need to know in advance which dates you can do.
You would also have the opportunity to support events & trips throughout the year.
Is this right for me?
Yes, if you…
– Have an interest in and enjoy creative activities and the arts
– Are interested in meeting a diverse group of people, including adults living in sheltered housing
– Can get to know and listen to group members and support them around their specific needs
– Have or are willing to apply for a DBS check (processed by London Bubble free of charge)
We are particularly keen to engage with volunteers aged 59-69.
Our next Induction and Training session for Creative Homes volunteers will be on
Tuesday 7th May 2019, 6-8pm
at London Bubble.
For more information about the voluntary roles on the project please contact Georgia on email@example.com